- Q. We have a student on roll who has been remanded in custody in a youth offending institution (YOI). Should we remove him from the school roll?
- Q. I am new to the post of attendance officer in a large secondary school. I feel like a considerable amount of my time is spent trying to keep the registers accurate due to the large volume of unmarked registers and/or missing marks. What can I do to improve the register marking in my school?
- Q. What is an IDSR?
- Q. On the advice of Public Health England, we recently had to close the school for two days for a deep clean following an outbreak of Norovirus. During the period before and after the school closure, attendance was poor due to the number of children who were absent due to illness. How do we evidence this when reporting to the governors?
- Checklist – Mental health and well-being
- Handout – Active strategies to share with teachers for improving attendance in class
- Form – Questions to spark a staff discussion on policy and personalisation
- Handout – Help your child succeed in the early years: template leaflet for parents