In this article, Ben Whitney discusses how tackling absenteeism may require schools to work in partnership with a number of outside agencies – including health services, child protection agencies or specialist programmes.
- Form – Monitoring vulnerable children
- Form – Attendance management and improvement policy
- Attendance Matters Magazine Issue 34
- How to reduce violent and challenging behaviour in SEND children
- Q. Could you please advise on what procedures to follow for Year 12 pupils who are not attending their courses? We have two pupils in Year 12 who are feeling that they cannot complete the year. One has found work experience and an apprenticeship starting in October.
- Q. I have been asked to update/write a new attendance policy for school. I have looked at some examples, but could you confirm what areas an attendance policy must include?
- Q. Could you please confirm what the guidance is around the use of the traveller absence code (T). Is there a set number of sessions which this can be used for?
- Worked example – Parent forum terms of reference